viernes, 22 de mayo de 2015

How to solve the race problem?

The race problem is something that divides people in all countries, but we can see it more in the U.S. They created laws against colored people to make them slaves, and some centuries later they made new laws to stop slaving colored people. These facts are all part of history, even Americans made a month for this (Black History Month). Morgan Freeman talked about this month and he proposed that people have to stop talking about racism. Here's the interview:


WALLACE: Black History Month, you find... 

FREEMAN: Ridiculous. 

WALLACE: Why? 

FREEMAN: You're going to relegate my history to a month? 

WALLACE: Come on. 

FREEMAN: What do you do with yours? Which month is White History Month? Come on, tell me. 

WALLACE: I'm Jewish. 

FREEMAN: OK. Which month is Jewish History Month? 

WALLACE: There isn't one. 

FREEMAN: Why not? Do you want one? 

WALLACE: No, no. 

FREEMAN: I don't either. I don't want a Black History Month. Black history is American history. 

WALLACE: How are we going to get rid of racism until...? 

FREEMAN: Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man. And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. 


I think Freeman is right. If you start to talk about people as people, there won't be black and white people, only people. In this moment, lots of newspapers have stated things like "Black child murdered by police officer" instead of "Child murdered by police officer". Why are the words "black" or "white" written before "CHILD"? Is it THAT important? Why is more important the race of people than people itself? This is one way to end racism, how many ways do we have?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario